Saturday 13 July 2013

Puppet script (A dog, Elephant and the King)

Hi everyone,
I would like to share this puppet script with you, a nice story about a dog and elephant and their friendship. Hope you would like it :)

Characters:
  • Narrator
  • Dog
  • Elephant
  • Elephant-Keeper
  • King
  • Minister

SCRIPT:

Narrator: Once upon a time, there was a royal elephant that lived in the premises of the king’s palace. The elephant was very dear to the king, so he was cared, well-fed and well-treated. There was a Dog who used to live in the neighborhood of the Elephant shed. He was very weak and skinny. He was always fascinated by the smell of the rich sweet rice being fed to the royal elephant.

Dog: Wow, I love that rich aroma of the rice. I can not resist that smell! I will get into the Elephant´s Shed and eat the sweet rice that falls from the Elephant´s mouth.

Narrator: And so he did.

Dog: I will start coming daily to eat the rice. Anyway, the elephant hasn´t even notice me, because he´s so busy enjoying his delicious food.

Narrator: The Dog became bigger and stronger by eating such rich food. He came under the notice of the Elephant.

Elephant: Who are you? How long have you been here?

Dog: Hmmmm I just got here.

Elephant: I can share my food with you. Would you like some?

Dog: Sure, why not! It looks delicious.

Elephant: It is, wait till you taste this sweet rice. Mmmm it´s so good.

Dog: I can see that.

Narrator: Soon, both of them also started sharing time with each other and soon, they made good friends.

Elephant: Come here everyday to eat, you are my best friend. And you can also stay here to sleep.

Dog: Thank you, I accept your invitation. You are also my best friend.

Narrator: So, they ate together, slept together and played together. They became great friends and didn’t want to get separated from each other. Then one day, a man saw the Dog and asked the Elephant-keeper.

Man: I want to buy this Dog. What price do you want for the Dog?

Elephant-keeper: The dog is not mine, but I will sell it to you.

Man: It´s a deal.

Narrator: The man took the dog to his home village, which was quite far away.

Elephant: I am very sad, my dear friend is gone. I miss him so much. I don´t want to eat anymore. I don´t want to do anything.

Narrator: The Elephant-keeper reported this to the King, but he didn’t say anything about the Dog.

King: I´ll see what I can do. Minister! Come this instant.

Minister: Yes, my king. What can I do for you?

King: Go to the Elephant shed and find out the reason for the Elephant’s condition.

Minister: Right this instant, my king.

Narrator: The intelligent minister went to the Elephant shed and found the Elephant very sad. He looked the Elephant all over and asked the Elephant-keeper.

Minister: There is nothing wrong with this Elephant’s body, then why does he look so sad? I think he is sad possibly due to the loss of a dear friend. Do you know if this Elephant shared a close friendship with anyone?

The Elephant-keeper: There was a Dog who used to eat, sleep and play with the Elephant. He has been taken by a stranger three days ago.

Minister: Where is the Dog?

Elephant-keeper: I don’t know.

Narrator: The minister went back to the King and said.

Minister: Your majesty, in my opinion, the royal Elephant is not sick, but he is lonesome without his dear friend, the Dog.

King: You’re right, friendship is one of the most wonderful things of life. Do you know where that Dog is?

Minister: Elephant-keeper has informed that a stranger took him away and he didn’t know about his whereabouts.

King: How can we bring back my Elephant’s friend and make him happy again?

Minister: Your Majesty, make a declaration, that whoever has the dog that used to live at the royal Elephant’s shed will be penalized.

Narrator: The King did the same and the man who took the dog, instantly turned him loose when he heard the proclamation. When the Dog got free, he ran back as fast as he could to reach the Elephant’s shed.

Elephant: Oh I am so delighted to see you!

Dog: Me too. I missed you so much. You are my only friend.

Narrator: The elephant picked his friend with his trunk and made him sit on his head. The Dog waved his tail, while the Elephant’s eyes sparkled with happiness.

King: I am glad to see that the Elephant is happy once again. Minister, you will be rewarded for your wise judgment.

Narrator: And both, the Elephant and the Dog lived happily thereafter.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment